Thursday 16 May 2013

Well done My Weekly!


Huge thanks to the enormously talented Andre Leonard for producing such a fantastic painting of Lizzie the maid who stars in A Life of Loyal Service in this week’s My Weekly.
It was a great honour to be asked to write a two part story for the Coronation issue. The 50s is my favourite era, so it was immense fun to research all the details of life below stairs in Buckingham Palace in 1953.
There’s more 50s fun in my new ebook The Fairground Girl & Other Attractions which follows the adventures of a girl who runs away with the fair in the rock’n’roll era. And if you like 50s fashions you’ll enjoy Polka Dot Dreams, a romantic comedy about Natty Smalls, a modern girl who dresses exclusively in the vintage fashions of yesteryear.
The lovely large print paperback edition of Polka Dot Dreams is available to borrow from your local library now... and will be out in a new Kindle edition very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading The Fairground Girl so very excited about Polka Dot Dreams, looking forward to losing myself in the fantastic fifties again!

    ReplyDelete